The purpose of the Fore Hadley Fore Hope Scholarship fund is to provide survivors of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, (CDH), or families closely affected by a CDH diagnosis with funding to advance their academic institution and career of choice. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, text books, and other financial needs for students to remain in good standing at their academic institution of choice. The application window typically opens in early May and scholarships are awarded early to mid June.
The “Fore Hadley Fore Hope Scholarship” awards on the basis of a comprehensive process. Scholarships are awarded annually in June and are granted on merit without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or disability status. Scholarships awarded are based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
Grants are awarded based upon the availability of funds to amounts at or above $3,000.00
• Applicants must be completing or have completed high school successfully with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR currently be attending a university with the same GPA standards.
• Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
• Applicants must either be a survivor of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) or have a direct family relationship (Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, etc.) with a CDH child
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE:
• Completed application form - DOWNLOAD BELOW
• Official high school or college transcript from current institution.
• Two (2) letters of recommendation from a Faculty Member, School Counselor, Administrator, or other member of community (Co-worker, Manager, etc.)