Donor Engagement Director (Intern)
Donor Experience Director (Internship Role)
Please send a copy of your resume, the URL to your LinkedIn profile, and a short (less than 150 words) description about why you’re specifically interested in joining Fore Hadley Foundation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Donor Experience Director” in the subject line.
About the Fore Hadley Foundation
The Fore Hadley Foundation provides hope, opportunity, and support to the Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH) community, and serves to inspire others to join the fight to eliminate this disease.
The Fore Hadley Foundation was created to drive awareness and generate funding for families and children affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). CDH is a rare birth defect that effects roughly 1 in every 2,500 live births per year worldwide, with a current survival rate of only 50%. Founded in 2016 by Ryan and Katie Bush after losing their daughter Hadley to this devastating disease, the foundation is dedicated to enabling and supporting the medical research community and affected families by providing funds aiding both research and recovery. The organization is driven to make a difference by pursuing the cause of CDH and new, innovative methods for intervention or treatment, providing CDH survivors and/or their families with opportunities to excel through continuing education scholarships, and offering financial assistance to ensure the proper care needed for a child diagnosed with CDH.
While officially a non-profit 501(c)3 per our IRS-designation, we operate more in line with a fast-paced entrepreneurial tech startup, and are backed by a Board of Directors and Advisory Board that have all led successful teams across dozens of industries and share a passion for disruption and change. For more information please visit: http://www.forehadley.com/
Design, implement, maintain, and grow a one-of-a-kind donor experience that creates not only an expanded network through new engagement methodologies and automation, but also provides our existing network with improved access and visibility to the differences being made in the community thanks to their involvement. Transparency is inherent in everything we do, so this role would be tasked with not only creating new, stimulating content but also finding techniques that best disseminate existing and future content to a dynamic and disparate nationwide community.
The impact of this role is vital not only to the expansion of Fore Hadley Foundation service lines and capabilities, but more importantly it will also have a direct impact on the number of infant lives we can save via expanded academic medical research, improved awareness, and the financial/emotional support of families currently struggling with a CDH diagnosis.
We’re looking for a self-starter, someone who is personally motivated to take a set of loosely defined objectives and put their own signature on a plan that will help take us from incubation to the leading non-profit worldwide for CDH support and fundraising. Non-profit in name only, we are modeled after and run like a for-profit startup. Preferably this person would have experience with any combination of: account management, sales, marketing, copywriting/PR, multimedia content creation, and social media management.
- Build a ground-up donor engagement experience that will help put an end to a relatively unknown but lethal birth defect
- Gain exposure to a network of local, regional, and national business leaders and have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with some of the leading research centers in the world (Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Johns Hopkins Medicine, University of California San Francisco)
- Work from home and travel nationwide for meetings to develop content/stories/copy with CDH families, medical leaders, etc.
- Semester stipend to be offered
The Donor Experience Manager’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Revenue/Community Growth & Retention
- Use existing donor base (1000+ individuals and businesses) to expand existing financial engagement, limit donor “leak”, and increase recurring donations
- Expand/diversify donor base via creative content campaigns and emerging technologies
- Inspire Hope and Rave Reviews
- With transparency as your #1 guiding principle, increase donor emotional engagement with Fore Hadley resulting in a willingness to raise awareness and funds on our behalf
- Grow expansive and diverse 3rd party recognition database to increase credibility of Fore Hadley during startup and aggressive growth period
- Provide Field-Based Candid Feedback to the Fore Hadley Board of Directors
- Present opportunities for new research techniques, donor/family engagement, possible partnership opportunities based on daily interactions with growing Fore Hadley and greater CDH community.
The Type of Leader We Need
So, you’ve stuck with us to this point, which means you should hopefully share some of these values with us:
- You are a confident and independent thinker willing to take initiative and not afraid to fail
- You are an exceptional communicator and build strong personal/professional relationships
- You strive for excellence in all that you do and love to motivate and inspire
- You work well in changing, fluid environments and can take ownership of large tasks/challenges
- You have a strong emotional connection to cause-centric messaging and fundraising, aka You want to save lives!
- You have a strong desire to learn, grow, and evolve personally and alongside Fore Hadley Foundation
- Current/recent Graduate or Undergraduate student in good academic standing studying Business (marketing, entrepreneurial studies, management, etc.), Non-Profit Management, Public Policy, Healthcare Administration, or have a background of similar makeup
- Preferably previous professional experience with generating revenue, creating dynamic/viral content (and familiarity with the technology for doing so), account management, event planning, etc.
- Ability to travel occasionally for interviews, meetings, pitches, etc.